23.12.11

When in doubt, bake!

Yeh, So instead of spending my night packing to leave Darwin, my German housemate talked me into (not that it took much persuasion) baking Christmas cakes. Well biscuits to be exact. A great idea, and bluddy great biscuits…but slightly badly planned as it meant me cramming my cases at 2am the next day for my flight at 5am. But hey its possible when you've got a plate of these to keep the sugar levels up!

I attempted the 'melted snowman' as seen on http://www.crazydomestic.com/ blog. Unfortunately mine lived up to their name and literally were melting (as you can see in the pictures) in Darwin's 35 degree heat. They may look slightly disgusting, but don't let looks deceive you, these (and I don't mean to blow my own trumpet here) are some of the best biscuits I have ever, EVER eaten. I think thats due to the fact that I added in extra sugar to the mixture.




And so so simple to make - 1 egg yolk, 250grams butter, 250g plain flour, 150g sugar (I used 190) and vanilla essence. Simple! Go and make your own. GO! and hopefully they won't melt quite so much on you. The icing is just icing sugar and water, and the marshmallow has to be slightly warmed in the microwave and squashed on. as you can see from the pictures, mine didn't need a microwave…

The other biscuits are made by my housemate with a similar (less sweeter) mixture.

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment